FACE MISTS THAT ARE TOTALLY WORTH YOUR MONEY

Image
It took me a minute to come around to face mists, which—let's be honest—may appear to be nothing much more than atomized H20 to many of you. In short, a total waste of time and money. But hear me out: the ones you’ll see here are brimming with skin-loving ingredients, calming Rosewater, and even water from the French Alps. Just ONE spritz on my just cleansed and bare face was enough to change my life (and skin) forever. How you ask? Well...it instantly makes me feel revived, comes to my rescue at work when all I want to do is a nap after lunch and cools, soothes and hydrates my complexion when I need a midday pick-me-up. Ahead, a bunch of facial mists that you are bound to love: 1. AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER Think of it as water, but with supernatural powers. It’s packed with skin-softening silicates and has a balanced dose of Calcium and Magnesium that work together to improve skin's texture and strengthen its barrier. Plus, its pH level of 7.5, ma

HERE’S HOW COCONUT OIL GOT ME THROUGH A BROKE WEEK




Everybody’s got that one friend that somehow manages to be literally good at everything she does. You know who I’m talking about. That all-rounder boon companion slash colleague. I mean, is there anything she can’t do?  Alright, let me explain this better. I’ve recently dunked myself into some R&D in pursuit of economic options for my beauty routine. That’s when I bumped into my long lost friend, Coco.



Here’s a little backstory. I met Coco when I was probably five. It’s not that we didn’t get along, but I guess I was just too young to understand her worth back then. We lost touch for a while, but she would keep coming back. She had her ways. I’d see her on billboards, bus shelters, local drugstores, and even in my mother’s kitchen cabinet. Oh, there would even be days she would just be casually chilling in my Chettinad chicken curry. We reconciled after years, this time our equation taking a stronger route.

Considering the clever financial choices, let’s just say that I gave the phrase ‘broke as a joke’ a whole new meaning. The excruciating pain of buyer’s remorse? Yup, I’m pretty familiar with that too. That’s when I decided to ditch my ‘solo’ girlfriends and reach out to Coco. Here’s how she got me through a supremely pauperized week with barely some change in my pocket. To my dear friend. My confidant. Coco aka Coconut oil.



Let’s take a quick look at some easy coconut oil hacks that you’ll love along with some amazing benefits of coconut oil on the skin:


Thank you, Next



I had a date last week, and I had 30 mins to shave my legs. I took a three-finger scoop of cold-pressed coconut oil for each leg, treated it just like my regular shaving cream, and shaved off all that hair with my razor. Every single fiber was out zero cuts and absolutely no clogging between the blades. Coconut oil for skin works magic! 



Recommended: Forest Essentials Organic Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil


Attached, yet detached



My mascara and I have a co-dependent relationship. There are nights I secretly wiggle to my cabinet and swish on some on my lashes before my Netflix marathon. So, to counterattack the aftermath of clumpy lashes, I leaned on coconut oil instead of my regular makeup remover. Truth be told, even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn't stand a chance against this genius elixir. I applied it directly to the face like I would with an oil cleanser and let it sit on my skin with a cotton pad. All that formula came off in a matter of seconds.



Recommended: St. D'Vencé 100% Organic & Virgin Coconut Oil


Chuckle Like Halle



Let’s all agree that we’ve all once dreamt of parading a million-dollar smile in front of your haters. I still practice in front of my mirror every morning.  Just when I thought it’s a distant possibility to gain that superstar beam, my dear friend rushed to my rescue. I grabbed a good amount of coconut oil and added baking soda for a quick fix. I used it as a regular paste, and it worked wonders. So, next time you run out of toothpaste you know what to do.



Recommended: Aloe Veda Virgin Coconut Oil


I’m Too Good At Goodbyes



Amidst my theatrical and keyed up research, a recent study suggests that virgin coconut oil can soothe itchy skin better than mineral oil. The benefits of coconut oil for skincare are innumerous! It also treats eczema and reduces any signs of inflammation when you apply it to the affected areas. Also, like me, if you’re also the sort who’s prone to be an active victim of burns, bug bites, and bruises this trick will help. I visibly saw this one burn mark bid goodbye with each application. I applied every day for seven days and that stubborn patch just keeps eventually disappeared. Goodbyes were never this easy.



Recommended: Merit VCO Extra Virgin Coconut Oil


Smell Like A Tropical Island



Ever since I stumbled upon the existence of natural deodorants 4 years ago, I stopped using antiperspirants. Point being, when there’s something better out there you go for it. Enter the tropical balm, coconut oil. Yes, apparently you can make your own natural deodorant at home (and it works). I mixed a pinch of coconut oil, cornstarch, baking soda, and scented oil of your choice (I opted for lavender) for a DIY odor fix. After my bath and applied a teeny amount and headed to work. I was good the whole day. I don’t even have to buy a deodorant ever again.



Recommended: Morpheme Remedies Pure Coldpressed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAILY SKINCARE ROUTINE TO GET YOU GOING

CONTROL HAIR BREAKAGE WITH THE BEST SHAMPOOS FOR HAIR FALL

THE PERFECT FRAGRANCE FOR YOUR ZODIAC SIGN!